Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It appears to be human...





So photogenic!
Can't you tell?!

Yes, I'm kidding. These pictures don't tell us much, but we have 2 arms, 2 legs, a head, and a heartbeat of 170. Didn't get to hear the heartbeat this time, but we saw it on the monitor! Plus I think it waved at us. That or it was angry at me for running through the hospital lobby to get to the appointment on time...either way, there were arm movements and I think we're going to stick with the wave scenario. Everything is much more real for both of us, and so far I feel pretty lucky to have survived the first 9 weeks 5 days of this! Sickness hasn't been too bad, I've learned how to deal with mornings and my other food aversions (if it's dessert, it's an aversion), and haven't gained any weight so far. I knew that extra fat would come in handy for survival!!!

Mike is handling it really well, he's very excited! I think he'd start buying things for the baby if we knew if it were a boy or a girl!

Happy day here in the Barksdale home!
Now what Arby thinks about this is still up for discussion....

1 comment:

Telissa said...

i promise i see a smiley face on the sonograms!!! really, i am not joking!!!