Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Motherhood, etc.

So I haven't posted anything yet on the whole motherhood experience, and I wanted to wait a while to make sure it really is the way it seems... you know, not just one good day or one bad day...
So far all I can say is that it is unlike anything I've ever experienced. Sure, I thought I knew what it was like with Arby (being that we treated him as a child rather than a puppy) but I had no clue. Yes, there are the frustrating times like when I do countless loads of laundry full of burp cloths and onesies and other items full of spit-up....and when she doesn't sleep all night or most of the day, and wants to eat every hour (rare, but they have happened)... but those times are only maddening when I don't get to see that one special face (not shown in the funny face post).... that's the one I get to see when she first wakes up from her nightly slumber, with flushed cheeks and a little smile, looking well rested and ready for breakfast. It's the purest form of happiness, I believe...
Seeing that face is what gets me going...it's 5am and i'm tired, but knowing that i'm awake in order to feed that sweet little girl wakes me up and helps me forget about what time it is and how much i've slept. I have never felt such joy as I did when she was born, and that wasn't because of the pain meds... when i saw her little face for the first time, i knew she was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen, and loved her immensely. Since then, she has taught me how to laugh at some pretty nasty situations (i'm still working on some of them though), and has made me realize that everything i do from now on is for her....and it's all worth it!
She really is a great baby... she doesn't cry just to cry, it's usually only when she's hungry....she sleeps pretty well, only getting up once in the middle of the night and then is back to sleep. She eats however i'm able to feed her, no issue with taking a bottle or not...or formula vs. the natural stuff...or warm vs. room temp. Other than spitting up at inconvenient times (or on the cute outfit as we're leaving) or getting hungry while we're in the grocery store (like EVERYONE does anyway), we haven't had any issues, and we're incredibly thankful, and feel truly blessed.
We thank all of you that have helped us through this journey, we couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: