
So today is my second day back at work...
Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing, if it's hard to come back, etc. And I was doing well until the end of the day, and it almost made me feel guilty that I didn't feel terrible for leaving her. I'm sure it would be different if she wasn't with my mom, but knowing she's in good hands makes me not stress over the fact that i'm not there. So I started feeling sad about not being there with her. Which I felt anyway and suppressed, but that's just the way it is, and i'm not really the kind of person that would break down at work, so i did fine. i wish everyone understood the mix of feelings that is going on... sadness that i can't have Avery here with me all day, happiness that I have a great job and enjoy what i do, happiness that she's being well taken care of, and concern that she won't remember that I'm her mom (even though my mom says she will and i'm being silly...). So i'm just conflicted is all... but at least I get to see this silly photo all day when i look at my computer (yes, arby got ousted from the desktop). :)
So let's just not talk about how i'm doing back at work...i'm doing fine, i just look forward to coming home every day, and when i leave in the morning, i remind myself that it's just like an extended trip to the hair salon or grocery store....
And i have to remind myself that I do enjoy being able to pay bills and live in my house and eat food on a regular basis, and that work is not only fulfilling for me and enjoyable most days, but a way to ensure that we can provide everything that Avery could ever need, and most everything she could ever want. After all, it is all about her now... and i wouldn't change that for the world. :)
1 comment:
omg!!!! i can't wait to meet here and squeeze her and love her to pieces!!!! lucky girl!!!
Post a Comment