Tuesday, December 20, 2011

T-28 days

It's hard to believe that it's almost time to have a baby!  Another one, that is.  :)  The nursery is far from done, but at least it's functional.  I have a feeling that the week after Christmas is going to be very busy!
Every time I say I'm going to slow down and relax, there's still something to do, and it all has to be done by either Christmas or by Baby Day!  I've come to the conclusion that if the nursery is not done by the time he gets here, it's ok.  He doesn't know what it's supposed to look like, and he might stay downstairs with us for a few weeks anyway, so there's some time right there.  It's not like me to miss a deadline, so it's bothersome to come to that realization, but I remind myself that thousands of kids are born every day without a nursery suitable for the Pottery Barn Kids catalog, and they turn out just fine.  Love is the main thing they need, and that is the one thing I can guarantee he will have. 
Avery keeps saying she wants to go see her little brother, and I tell her "I wish you could sweetie, but he's not ready yet".  I think she's getting excited.  She's going to be a great little helper!  I can't put into words how caring and intuitive she is....I hope she finds a career that utilizes those strengths!  I sometimes wonder how I chose my career, it just seemed natural to me, that there wasn't even another option that I'd consider.  I never understood those who didn't know what they wanted to do, even in high school.  Even in middle school actually, now that I think about it.  So I hope that Avery finds her calling....
I think we're all finally over the hump with our health issues....Avery is back in school, I'm at a point where it's tolerable, and Mike has remnants of his cough... but both of us get a fairly decent night's sleep, which is a vast improvement.  My parents seem to be feeling better and recovering from their surgeries, and that is awesome.  This past month has been very difficult, both emotionally and physically.  I keep wondering what God is testing me for, and that scares me a bit...but I can't live scared all the time, so I just go on about my day as usual, whatever that means!
Someday I'll look back on this whole experience and wonder why I thought it was so hard...or maybe I won't...and that would be fine too.  :)

No comments: