Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's official, I have a 3 letter word after my name


So this isn't really on the baby theme, but it's a big deal. sort of.
After months and months of exams, waiting, more exams, payments, etc., I finally have something the general public deems worthy of respect. While I have had my architectural license for a little while now, I hadn't sent in my AIA form and massive payment in order to have Heather Barksdale, AIA on my business cards. So I did it. And today they took my money and gave me a number. It's sort of anti-climactic but that's fine... it's the last step on my way to professional enlightenment I guess. I'm sure it'll help gain clients' confidence and what not, so I can convince myself it's worth the money. And someday my kid will ask what it means, and I'll have something to tell him/her. Maybe I'll even get to go to career day. All the kids will be expecting a suited man to show up with funky glasses, and they'll get me. I'll even wear MY funky glasses. Boy won't they be surprised! HAHAHAHAHA!
Now we just have to get Mike some free time so he can take his exams and get one of these too...
That's my next challenge....

No comments: