So things are moving along.
I have a huge roll of carpet in the entryway. Slight trip hazard, but oh well. It's practice for the future. Things are all over the place trying to get this kid a room that isn't full of all of our unused items...It's a little crazy at our house, and I feel like it's never going to get done, and it feels like it's going so fast.... and at the same time it's taking forever!
Went to the doctor last week, and for the first time EVER, I got a clean bill of health on my blood test! Granted, he didn't test cholesterol, but hey... small victories, right?!
I've gained 4 pounds so far, and that is apparently in the "you're doing ok range". Once again... first time EVER! (in the past few years anyway....)
I got to hear the heartbeat too, and that was about the coolest thing ever. It was 170 a while back (saw it, didn't hear it) but this time it was 148. So... all of you heartbeat theory people... what do you think now? I have my guess, but who knows at this point...
My doctor told me I had to come back in 3 weeks, which is before I get to find out what it is... and another 3 weeks is past Christmas... so I got really whiny and he promised to fit in another appointment so I could find out what "Baby J" is going to be in time to utilize my vacation to its fullest! Thank goodness! He's such a nice guy! (I just think he wanted me to stop calling the fetus "Little Jorvorskie") So... hopefully in a few weeks we'll be able to work on the nursery decor. :) The suspense is killing me! How did past generations do it?!
This second trimester thing is a breeze! there's still a bit of the smell=nausea thing every once in a while, but that's about it. Just have to remind myself not to leave take-out containers in the car even for a little bit...had a reuben incident this weekend and well...it was even too much for Mike!
Went to San Antonio to visit Mike's family for Thanksgiving. It was good to see everyone, and every member of the family behaved. Finally got to meet our 6 month old cousin Tyler. He's super cute, and is extremely spoiled by his grandparents! We brought him a 12th man jersey to wear, and it fit! He was definitely working the aggie outfits this weekend...and for good reason! (Thanks, Fran... for an ok season, and for at least winning this game).
OH! I forgot the most amazing thing about Thanksgiving! (sad but true)
I located Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper! it was in San Antonio of course, but it exists! So for all you Dr. Pepper fans that can't have caffeine, call your local grocer and get them to order it for you! Who knew?! i had a moment in that gas station and proved my neurotic nature to all of the patrons there...we bought two 12 packs that night. and a cherry fried pie. mmmm. and to think... 6 months ago it would've been Shiner and Doritos....or something like that.
Thank you to Susan and Harry that let us stay with them! Arby will get used to the horses someday, I promise! (he barked at them the whole time... silly city pup!)
So... things are good! no real complaints here!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did, thanks to the Shell station on 1604 in San Antonio! And Fran finally coaching like it was his last game! oh wait...
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I TAG YOU...YOU ARE IT! YOU NEED TO POST 8 INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF!
Post a Comment