So my dear friend Telissa tagged me, and it's my turn to post 8 interesting things about myself. Well, I find that hard to do... I couldn't even come up with one interesting thing for my Kappa application form in college, so I didn't apply... of course I was happier with Bonfire to find my friends, but still... not ONE thing? So here goes.
1. I didn't know how to burp until Mike taught me. Now that I have a little extra help in the belly region due to the fantastically large fetus, I can match most men with the volume and intensity of my suddenly necessary burping. It's rather impressive.
2. I used to play Pong by myself. Maybe that's a bit more pathetic than interesting, but I hope that my ability to function with my left hand (maybe not very well, but if i HAD to, i could) was aided by the two handed Pong activity.
3. I would choose Vanilla over Chocolate any day. And tart over sweet. isn't that weird? Once again... not sure how interesting it is, but it's something about me.
4. I LOVE crazy shoes. Ok, so not the ugly ones... but the really cool colored ones or ones with flowers on them, or snakeskin, or the wild cowboy boots.... just very unique shoes. And although I can only say i own a couple of pairs that would qualify, I do still love them.
5. I can't sing to save my life. Although some days I think I'm OK... My mom always told me that I couldn't sing, and Mike usually turns up the radio when I try to sing along quietly...so I'm not really comfortable singing in front of people. Unless I've had much to drink and then I don't really care. So in the shower or car, I'm freakin' American Idol-ing and feel pretty decent about it. After all...I'm only hurting my own ears!
6. I think dogs are cuter than babies. I'm sure that this sounds terrible due to my current "condition"...but what i'm talking about is the need to go up to a stranger in order to meet their child/pet. I never go up to someone with a baby and say "ooooh! how cute! can i hold him/her?" I ALWAYS go up to people with dogs! I ALWAYS pet said dog, and ALWAYS talk to the dog! I sometimes tell people their toddler is cute, but the small baby has never been something that draws me in.... I'm sure my child will change that, but for now....
7. If I won the lottery I would do two things: go to culinary school and start the Puppy Ranch. The first because I love to cook, but sometimes a lack of formal training gets in the way of some very cool dishes. The second is so I can have a place for puppies to go (i call all dogs puppies due to their under-developed wild instinct) if they need a home. They can have 3 legs, need medical attention, be completely healthy... whatever. It would be like a shelter, but way better! Lots of land to run, and each dog would have its own room with a doggie door that opened just for them (to eliminate the territorial issues), and then could enter into a common space. each puppy room would have a little bed for it to sleep on. the common space would be full of toys and water and fun things for them! they could go outside anytime they wanted though. can you tell i've thought about this a lot?!
8. I can't whistle. I've tried...and I can do it a little bit, but as far as consistency or a tune or something someone 5 feet away could hear... yeah... nothing here.
Ok! now that that's over...Here's my dr. appointment update!
Got the triple screen blood test done today... I hate getting blood taken. Oh well...won't know anything for a week or so. Got to listen to the heartbeat again today... 142 heartbeat. it keeps getting lower, but it's still healthy. Only gained 2 pounds since my last visit 3 weeks ago... and in that time i had Thanksgiving and a business trip for a week... so good for me! That's only 6 pounds so far, and I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday. I'm eating plenty, and not overeating, so that's progress for me! Hooray! I go back next week for a sono to see what i'm having... although it's sooner than they wanted to do it. Dr. said the end of next week, but the only available day was Tuesday (before Christmas anyway), but 2 days shouldn't make a bit of difference. I'm so excited! I hope this kid shows me the goods!
Anyone have an idea of what i'm having? anyone? i need input....
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we have to remember that you're an only child!! just, kidding - you know i am! we can try out for americal idol together and maybe make it on the "worst" list!! hang in there, fluffy!!!
I'm disgusted and intrigued all at the same time by #1...I expect you to verify this on Saturday.
Post a Comment