So I get up this morning after a wonderful week off of work.... only to find that my hair is a little more unruly than usual. I've been sporting a trendy Don King-esque look for a while now due to some new hair that has sprouted and isn't long enough to stay down (thank you hair products), but something struck me as odd... what could it be? So I look closer. And there it was... glistening in the cool white fluorescent light....my first gray hair.
I WAS HORRIFIED!
As if it's not enough that my physique is deteriorating as we speak, I've had to accept that "flattering" is not something I can shoot for right now, and I'm already thinking of saving up for some elective surgery after my childbearing years are over..... now I have to look at this rebel of a hair just sticking out for the world to see...and while shiny hair is always considered a beautiful thing, this shiny dagger dives straight into my ego! my last remaining youthful feature is now tainted...
and while I could have kept this my secret, I decided to let it out in an attempt to embrace this horrid thing. Whether it's working or not has yet to be seen.
Men of the world... please understand. Women aren't considered "distinguished" or seen as a "better candidate for upper management" because of the sporadic lack of hair pigmentation. We're seen as matronly or washed up... decreasingly unattractive, pressured to color our hair in order to disguise our gradual degradation into the senior citizen pool...where for some reason 99% of women cut their hair short and fluffy, and make the transition into this gender-neutral role that would make all lesbians proud. and the first gray hair is just the beginning.
So I'm wrestling with the thought of plucking this mf-er out....but then there's the thought of 10 more growing in its place.
Or maybe I'll leave it as a reminder to say screw you to society's youthful glow....
I'll keep you posted.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i have a TON of gray hair and my hairdresser makes it a point to point them out each and every month!! i want a picture of you soon...you can e-mail me privately :) dying to see your fluffiness!!
I think my gray hair makes me look distiguished...some would even say regal.
hey, i had a gray hair in my eyebrow the other day?? how the heck does that happen??
Post a Comment